Star Trek: Federation Legacy, abbreviated Federation Legacy, is the fifth fan fiction story by CaptFredricks, published on 11 June 2013. The story is comprised of twenty chapters within two volumes and is ongoing.
With eighteen[b] chapters published over a span of three years, this story has had the longest run of any on the wiki. The story has two volumes so far (one of which is made up of the two rewritten chapters), but Capt has plans for at least two more.
The story of Federation Legacy takes place roughly 30 years following the events of Star Trek Nemesis. It depicts many of the the events of Star Trek Online, including the Federation-Klingon War, the Reman rebellion, the creation of the New Link, and the formation of the Delta Alliance.
- Main article: FED Volume 0
Volume 0 contains two chapters ("Khitomer Crisis" and "The Price of Liberty") that were originally the two-part opener for Volume 1. They were later rewritten and replaced by "The Price of Liberty" and "Line in the Sand", respectively.
While these two chapters are no longer published on FanFiction, they can be read here on the wiki.
- Main article: FED Volume 1
Volume 1 contains eighteen chapters; three more are planned to be published in 2016 and 2017. The first chapter (now part of Volume 0) was published in June 2013, and the seventeenth chapter was published in October 2016, making the span between them over three years.
The story of Volume 1 takes place in 2409 and is focused on the conflict between the Klingon Empire and the Federation following the breakdown of the Khitomer Accords. A young ensign named Jason Fredricks receives command of the USS Leviathan after a series of unfortunate and unexpected events, leading a crew of other young, inexperienced officers. He has to rally the crew together to face threats on several fronts, and in the process, he discovers this is where he belongs.
- Main article: FED Volume 2
Background and trivia
- Star Trek: Federation Legacy was first conceived in 2012 by CaptFredricks, some months after he joined Star Trek Online on 2 May 2012. The idea sprung from his first character, Jason Fredricks, and Jason's bridge officers (which later became the command crew of the USS Leviathan in the story). He began writing a rough draft late in 2012 which became "Khitomer Crisis". Its story covered the first half of STO's tutorial missions.
- The story is rated Fiction T (age 13+) for minor adult themes and references, including language and some non-explicit sexual content. As stated above, most of the adult content is comparable to that of Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise, though some of the language is beyond what might be allowed on TV.
Notes and references
|v - e - t||Stories|
|Related content||Upcoming content • Undeveloped content (Star Trek: Endeavor • Lego Star Trek: Stargazer • The End of Time and the Beginning of Life)|
|Prime Universe Timeline|
|Federation Legacy timeline|| A Matter of Honor • Star Trek: Final Voyages • Star Trek: Federation Legacy • House of Kardok|
|Hybrid timeline||Star Trek: The Second Little Wolf • Doom Marine ga Kill!|
|Sexy timeline||Sexy Trek|
|Kelvin timeline||Star Trek Out of Reality|
|Other timelines||Star Trek: The Cartoon Series • Lego Star Trek • Lego Star Trek: The Timeline Incident|